Arlo|Smart Home Security|Wireless HD Security Cameras
× Arlo End of Life Policy Notice
To view Arlo’s new End of Life Policy, click here.

Problem with Apple TV and Arlo as well as performance

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation
vkoester
Follower
Follower

Hey guys!

i am a little disappointed with my cams at the moment and I hope you can help me with the following 2 points:

1.) performance

I use 4 Arlo cams to survey my house. It’s connected to Apple HomeKit. As soon as my camera realizes Someone at my entrance it has a little delay until I get the popup for it (actually on Arlo AND HomeKit). Independently if I click on Arlo or HomeKit it takes several seconds until the pictures are delivered and very often it’s too late. Is it normal at Arlo? Is there a way to increase the speed? Netatmo (my doorbell) is much more faster!!! The point is that I need to open it in HomeKit to be able to open the door.

2.) no reliability regarding HomeKit 

mom my mobile phone (my Apple account) I can open the video all videos on HomeKit. My girlfriend can’t and also Apple TV can’t. Any idea why?

Attached some screenshots. Haustüre is netatmo, Rest Arlo. 

E574BB25-CF99-46FB-9E16-012F591FB15E.jpeg

DAD4011F-A3B6-44B5-8A65-CF52F5644F99.jpeg

A7534884-32EA-433A-9375-71C02EBB38A6.jpeg

all the beat

VK

1 REPLY 1
ShayneS
Arlo Moderator
Arlo Moderator

Hi @vkoester 

There will be a small delay with the devices as they communicate with the Arlo servers and Homekit. This is normal behavior. Regarding the "not responding" messaging, have you tried re-adding the base station to HomeKit and test again? Also, is your Apple TV and iOS devices updated to the latest version of iOS and TvOS?

Discussion stats
  • 1 Reply
  • 0 Likes
  • 2 In Conversation