Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung TU8500 LED Clouding

(Topic created on: 05-10-2020 02:21 PM)
Dylan71
First Poster
Options

Hi, I have recently bought a 65'' TU8500 from a supplier. I noticed straight away the white lights at the edges on the top and two corners of the screen, only noticeable in a dark room or dark image on the TV.  Is this just a faulty TV or is it common?

Should i return the TV for a replacement?

0 Likes
7 REPLIES 7
AsadM
Options

Hi @Dylan71 

Hope you're doing well. Does the line appear on all sources, pages, and apps? Please check to see if this is present during a Picture Test. You can do this by going into Support > Self Diagnosis > Picture Test.

0 Likes
Dylan71
First Poster
Options

Hi @AsadM

I'm good thanks you?

It's not a line, its like light patches that go across the top, and the two top corners, even on the sides. But they are spread out.

It only ever appears if the movie has the black banners, if i load something that is on a dark screen too, but i can only see them if the room is dark. I tried the picture test and it come back completely fine, i could not see the patches, but when watching TV as soon as the screen darkens, they appear.

0 Likes
AsadM
Options

Thanks for this, @Dylan71. it may be ideal for you to discuss this further with our Support team. They can be contacted on 0333 000 0333.

0 Likes
Tehmeng
Pioneer
Options
Hey, Its a fault, light bleed. You should get screen replacement.
0 Likes
Francy944
Apprentice
Options

Hi I bought a 65 inch tu8500 yesterday. Same and identical flaw in very dark scenes, especially in movies with the black bar above and below and visible only at night with the lights off. Is it a fixable factory defect? How did you solve it? thanks a lot

0 Likes
Dylan71
First Poster
Options

I returned it for replacement and the exact same issue is there, I think it’s just a manufacture default as the tv is edge lit. I have just accepted it and I barely notice it now. The tv is great apart from that! Hope this helps you

0 Likes
AndyQ
First Poster
Options

533C4625-DDC3-4A7D-BD3D-ABBBED03A249.jpeg

C487CE6E-F14C-4F97-80D8-F4B7E2DD098B.jpegHey 

I have recently got this TV a few days ago and have this issue I have a Samsung engineer coming to look at it do you think it’s fixable 

thanks

0 Likes