Bellazon

Tiah Eckhardt
Thumbnail

hopesand

One of the best Interviews ever!

There was a quick interview with Tiah in the August 2006 issue of Harper's Bazaar. Here it is:

You were born in Perth. Where's home now?

"Home will always be Perth. That's where my family are."

What was your dream job as a child?

"I always loved performing, be it singing, dancing, acting or playing music, so I always wanted to do something along those lines."

Tell us your "getting discovered" story.

"It wasn't glamorous. I was 15, needed a job and someone suggested I try modelling. So my sister took me into Vivien's Perth office and that was that. [My WA agent] Christine Fox had already spotted me somehwere about a year beforehand ... so I think she was stoked when I walked in there out of the blue."

Any backup career plans?

"My outgoing side says I'll be a rock star; my quieter side, a struggling writer."

You've been modelling for five years. What's so great about it?

"The days when I get to work with people I respect and who astound me. When you can pool your creative talents to create truly beautiful images, they're the jobs that matter."

What rates on your beauty must-buy list?

"I love nothing more than a great fragrance - the number I've amassed can attest to this. Favourites are Viktor & Rolf, Narciso Rodriguez, Lolita Lempicka and Agent Provocateur. And I can't live without Palmer's Cocoa Butter Body Gloss. Sunscreen is an absolute must with my skin being fair, and I've found that Ultraceuticals Protective Daily Moisturiser SPF30+ is the best. When it comes to makeup I love perfect pale skin with red lipstick. M.A.C. Studio Fix Powder, Benefit Benetint and M.A.C. Merry Mistress are my all-time favourites. As for my hair, I'd go crazy without Terax Crema and Bumble and bumble Hair Powder in red."

And your secret to complexion perfection?

"I stay out of the sun, never sleep with makeup on and get microdermabrasion when my skin feels congested. I also take zinc and silica."

Are you a gym junkie?

"i'm not a fan of any physical activity that doesn't end in an orgasm, so you won't find me in a gym anytime soon. Having my heart broken by evil boys is doing a great job at keeping my weight in check. I call it the 'have-your-heart-ripped-out, spat-on, stomped-on and kicked-in-the-gutter diet'."

When your'e off duty, who is Tiah?

"Exactly the same as on-duty Tiah. Glamorous, confident, sexual, and strong with a 'don't-****-with-me' attitude. I guess the few people I allow myself to truly love get to see a more unguarded, soft me. That's rare, so those people should feel very lucky."

Favourite designers?

"Internationally, YSL, Balenciaga and Alexander McQueen. In Australia, Tina Kalivas, Toni Maticevski and Wheels & Doll Baby. And for lingerie, Agent Provocateur and Fifi Chachnil."

Favourite shopping destination?

"L.A.".

How do you deal with constant travel?

"By making sure I have a few of my favourite things with me at all times and calling Mum as often as I can."

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...